Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Daddys on the blog!!! HaHaHa

The question that I have been pondering lately is how do you pick who should be your babies godparents. So far we have picked one set that have never said or done anything to upset or personally hurt us. We thought we had another set but due to recent events and constant bullying, I have had to re-evaluate my choice of person(s), and the possibility that I now want to uninvite them. So I have now come to my conundrum who do I pick? My ideal person(s) would be encouraging, supportive, NICE and doesnt bully or backstab anyone. So you would think that was an easy thing to find. At the moment I am considering friends over family as I think it would be a better upbringing for my daughter, and my friends havent backstabbed me in the past unlike some family members. I dont like being told "I'm neglecting my daughter" or that "I am a bad parent" especially when as every new parent knows you still have training wheels (And no there is no right or wrong way to raise your child and no book can tell you how to do it, its all trial and error)
All babies are different and grow in their own time, girls take longer to get larger than boys do, and can be temprememtal. Molly is incrediably active and intellegent for a 3 month old and ALL THE DOCTORS AGREE SHES FINE AND HEALTHY!!!
It just really gets my goat when people tell all their friends I'm neglecting my daughter and constantly bully me to make themselves feel better.

Anyway I've had my say. So untill next time Goodbye everyone out there in blogger landand.

From Daddy
Bye Bye

3 comments:

Jack and William's Mum said...

I think that this very public rant is embarrassing. Please, no more blog posts from Daddy.

Molly is underweight and her family is probably worried about her. It's not all good.

Sam's Mum said...

Dear "Daddys on the blog!!! HaHaHa"
Well you asked the question so here's an ansswer. Picking Godparents isn't about YOU. It's about your child. You pick the people that you want in your child's life forever. Someone who will love them and be a good example for them always. Someone that you would ask to be your child's guardian should anything ever happen to you. Not a mate or a friend you've had for a short time. A lifelong kindred spirit who loves your baby.
If by 'bullying' you mean someone who is willing to put themselves out on a limb and express concern to you about your child (as has often appeared on her very own blog) then you should consider yourself lucky that you have friends and family who will do that for you and care about her that much that they are willing to anger you in order to ensure that she is cared for.
Godparent choices shouldn't be based on who the 'ideal person' is for you. It's the ideal person for your child.
Good luck in your selection process.
Jules

Luminescence said...

Dear Daddy,
I agree you have embarrassed yourself.

a baby is not a weapon to be used against those who love you. Blood or not. (big hi to Jack's mum from the other side of the family tree)

we love you, Rach and miss Molly.

Make your choice but please make a wise and considered one.

Also, what I say to my friends in my own space is my business. You should not believe your source for they are pouring poison in your ear.

Whom I suspect, you should be wary of. I have moved in this circle longer than you and know where the rotten apples lie.