Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 96th Birthday Canberra

Something amazing happened to me this morning, I woke up and I felt like I had my whole life had been jump started. When I saw my daughter it was like I was meeting her for the first time all over again. I know I spend every day with her and I am truely blessed that I can, but I had the most amazing feeling of happies. I have spent the day WITH my daughter. My daughter has grown so much. Today we played together I know it sounds funny but I actually just played with my daughter today. I stopped worrying about the millions of things I had to do and what people thought of me and my parenting, and I just played. We built block towers and she knocked them down faster then I could build them. We played hide and seek, crawling around and around the coffee table until she found me and started laughing. We cooked lamingtons and dinner, until we were both covered in it. We listened to Hi - 5 until I thought the cd was going to melt. It was amazing. After we had played and my little angel was ready to sleep she cuddled into me and I gave her a bottle while we read her favourite story Possum Magic. She loves the silly voices.

When she finally drifted off I got thinking just how lucky I am. Some women only ever get to do this when their child is sick and then they are still busy trying to get the house hold clean or email on more thing off back to the office. It made me feel kind of sad, here I am with all the time in the world to spend with my daughter and I dont. I might be in the same room as her or under the same roof but I am doing a million other "MORE IMPORTANT" things.

It was after this that I have made a promise to myself that I won't waste another moment like today, I will PLAY with my daughter and I will also make sure that she is my number one thought.